The popularity of WordPress (WP) makes it an appealing target for intruders. Outdated versions of WordPress installations, themes & plugins could result in your website being attacked. Vulnerabilities make your website susceptible to intrusions from outsiders with malicious intent.
As a website owner, you have two options when it comes to securing your site and preventing hacks. Running an endpoint web application firewall, such as Wordfence Premium. Or a cloud-based web application firewall, like Cloudbric. While both types of firewalls offer the same security features, there are a few differences worth noting.
End-point Web Application Firewall
Wordfence Premium runs at the endpoint, which is your website server, providing better protection than cloud alternatives. Cloud firewalls can be bypassed and have previously suffered from data leaks. Wordfence firewall leverages user identity information in over 85% of our firewall rules, something cloud firewalls don’t have access to. And it doesn’t need to break end-to-end encryption like cloud solutions.
What does Wordfence Premium Offer?
- It runs malware scans on a scheduled basis automatically or on a manual basis if you suspect that hackers have implanted malware.
- The scan includes a variety of other checks including blacklist checks
- It offers brute force protection, to prevent a user or bot from pinging your website too many times, and thus crashing your server.
- Two-factor authentication, to ensure authentic traffic can get through to your website.
- Country blocking, and IP address blocking
- Protection against aggressive web crawlers.
3 Key Ways Wordfence Premium Protects your WordPress Website
Wordfence premium allows you to contact their support staff directly if you suspect the worst and your website is under siege.
Protection in Real-time
With Wordfence premium your Firewall rules and Scan malware signatures are updated in real time, providing you with immediate protection against new threats and immediate detection of new malware and vulnerabilities.
Blocking specific countries and IP's
Through the Wordfence dashboard, you can perform certain tasks like blocking visitors from specific countries or IP addresses from accessing your website.
Cloud-based Web Application Firewall
Centralised security for WordPress. In essence, Cloudbric is a cloud-based web application firewall. What that means is that it guards against suspicious website traffic, specifically looking for attempts to exploit security flaws in the website’s code.
Cloudbric can prevent exploits like:
- SQL Injection
- XSS (Cross Site Scripting)
- Website DDoS
- File Inclusion
- Cookie Poisoning