WordPress Backend Maintenance
Website CORE Maintenance
Websites aren’t one-off jobs. Well, technically they are, but they cannot actually be.
More often than not, clients make the mistake of assuming that the job is done once their website is up and running. In reality, websites – particularly those that make use of a CMS (like WordPress) – need careful monitoring to ensure their continued success and longevity. As the world of web development is in a permanent state of flux, any website needs inspections, support, and upgrades on an ongoing basis.
Website CORE Maintenance Features
These can be obtained as standalone products, or as a packaged plan.
Weekly plugin-, theme- and WordPress SAFE updates (which automatically roles back if there are errors)
Incremental scheduled backups of all files, images and databases on servers in the USA and South Africa.
We provide real-time analytics of your website in order to establish how much traffic is coming to your site.
We do human checks every month to ensure that your site is running as it should and that all functions work.
6 Maintenance tasks of a WordPress website:
1. Up-to-date files: At a bare minimum, any live WordPress website will need to have its plugin-, theme- and WordPress core files updated relatively regularly to ensure that the intricate workings of the website are kept in order. Websites that are not updated regularly are a living, breathing nightmare, filled with growing file inconsistencies and potential code conflicts. Leaving a website alone without file package updates can cause an entire site to crash, resulting in a loss of content.
2. Back-to-back backups: Website files and databases really should be backed up on a regular basis. In the event that something goes wrong, a back up of the website’s files and database can easily be reinstated.
3. Security Monitoring: You need a web application firewall that prevents your website from getting hacked by identifying malicious traffic, blocking attackers before they can access your website. If you, like many business owners, are of the opinion that your business website is unlikely to be affected by cybercrime, please think again. According to a Sophos Security Threat Report, on average 30,000 websites are hacked every day. Thus, adding site security measures is of great importance.
4. Google Analytics: We provide real-time Google Analytics integration with your website. It is important to note how much traffic is coming to your site. We do this by means of a monthly report where you can see first hand how your site is performing.
5. Human Checking: We aim to always provide a personal service. So even though most of this process is automated, we go through your website monthly and check that it functions the way it should and that it looks good!
6. Monthly Reports: We provide monthly care reports that will give you an indication of how your site is performing. We place special emphasis on your site speed and the overall performance of your site. These reports are a great indicator to gauge how your website is doing.
These things make up a core maintenance plan. It takes time to do this and commands a certain level of expertise.
Taking out a maintenance plan is a great way to ensure that your website remains up-to-date, secure and backed up in case something goes wrong.
Well maintained websites make the right impression on your visitors and grow your SEO ranking – ultimately maximising ROI.
We live in Cape Town. We work online. We have designers and developers from all over the world.
Get in Touch