Transatlantic Med Website Design
About the client
Transatlantic is a privately held company, located just outside of Cape Town in the Winelands town of Wellington. The company sells quality medical devices and wellness products, sourced from across all corners of the world and then distributed to select pharmaceutical wholesalers throughout South Africa, Botswana, Namibia and Swaziland.
These wholesalers supply to pharmacies, medical practitioners, clinics and hospitals. Additionally, the products are also available via leading online stores.
They have been in business since 1997, and trading as Transatlantic Medical Supplies (recently shortened to Transatlantic) since 2007.
About the website design project:
- Project goals and objectives — The website is the cornerstone of their online presence. It provides details of who they are , the products they sell, how to get hold of the products and how to contact them.
- Creative strategy —
- The fonts used throughout the website were supplied to us by the design team which is in line with the corporate identity of the Transatlantic brand.We did use different font “weights” and variations on the fonts.
- The colours are the same colours are taken from their logo. It speaks to their desired target market.
- The buttons are styled as modern, hoverable links.
- The imagery speaks to Transatlantic’s typical audience. All the stock imagery was supplied by the client. All images have been optimised for the web as well (which means they are not bigger than 400kb, yet great quality, so they will look good and load fast).
- The navigation is simple enough for anyone to find what they might be looking for on the website. On the home page, you will immediately see an introduction to who Transatlantic and the products they sell. On the top navigation menu, the client can proceed to Products which is their main call to action.
- Our role in the project — We designed the site in WordPress and we are also providing backend maintenance.