Petra Institute Website Design
About the client
Petra Institute was established in 1989 as an independent Christian organisation (Registered as Basilea NPC). They work in partnerships with global, national and local organisations, helping to bring about attitude changes and building capacity of leaders to the benefit of children, families and communities.
Petra desire all children in Africa and the rest of the world to experience the practical, daily, life-giving love of Jesus.
About the website design project:
- Project goals and objectives — The website is the cornerstone of their online presence. It provides details of the services they provide and the courses they provide. The website also provides details on how the public can contribute and donate to Petra as they are a charity.
- Number of pages and main projects on launch: 21 Pages and 8 Projects
- Time spent in developing and designing: 57 hours
- Creative strategy —
- The fonts used are in line with the style of the Petra logo – it is easily readable and works well for their industry.
- The colours are taken from their logo as the cornerstone of their brand image.
- The buttons are contemporarily styled as hover-able links.
- The imagery speaks to their typical audience: Children, Parents and Churches. All images have been optimised for the web as well (which means they are not bigger than 400kb, yet great quality, so they will look good and load fast).
- The navigation is simple enough for anyone to find what they might be looking for on the website. The homepage has direct links to the services Petra provide and well as quick links to the donate page and the contribution page. The dynamic footer also has links to all the courses that Petra provide.
- The site also has a resource page which is a collection of great resources for the children’s ministry.
- Our role in the project — We host the website and emails and designed the site in WordPress.
- Client Location —White River, Mpumalanga