Fynbos Interiors and Scrubs Website Design
About the client
Fynbos Interiors was established in the spring of 1997.
Over the years, their product range has evolved and diversified, but they remain true to their roots, drawing much inspiration from nature.
They offer a full interior decorating service: from conceptualising an interior holistically, to supplying all aspects of decorating. Fynbos Interiors supply and manufacture all types of curtains and blinds, American shutters, custom-made cabinetry, upholstery, and re-upholstery as well as wallpaper. They also source artworks, artifacts, and interior accessories. The result of their service is beautiful, tailor-made indoor realms that accommodate practical lifestyle demands.
Then, 2020 arrived. A very vibrant subsidiary division was birthed: FYNBOS SCRUBS! Their scrubs are made with local, 100% cotton shweshwe. They employ local seamstresses who manufacture with excellence.
About the website design project:
- Project goals and objectives — The website is the cornerstone of their online presence. It provides details of the products and services they provide, and who they are.
- Number of pages and main projects on launch: 15 Pages and 18 Products
- Time spent in developing and designing: 45 hours
- Creative strategy —
- The fonts used are in line with the style of the Fynbos Interiors and Fynbos Scrubs logos – it is easily readable.
- The colours are taken from their logo as the cornerstone of their brand image. The flowering fynbos kindled the look and ethos of their brand: indigenous, exquisite and creatively designed, yet grounded in nature’s simplicity.
- The buttons are contemporarily styled as hover-able links.
- The imagery speaks to their typical audience: All images have been optimised for the web as well (which means they are not bigger than 400kb, yet great quality, so they will look good and load fast).
- The navigation is simple enough for anyone to find what they might be looking for on the website. The homepage has direct links to their Scrubs shopping pages as well as the Interior Galleries.
Our role in the project — We designed the website in WordPress and will be managing the website going forward.
- Client Location —Durbanville, Cape Town