This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By visiting www.pathfindmedia.com, or any of our other websites or Pathfinder Marketing (Pty) Ltd social network site or page (“our site”), or by utilising our services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (the Act), the responsible party is Pathfinder Marketing (Pty) Ltd. Our nominated Information Officer for the purpose of the Act is: Johannes Wagner.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following Personal Information about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information (where applicable) and other useful technical information about your visit to our sites.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other services we provide or where you have authorised us to collect information from selected third parties (i.e. financial service providers or email hosting and domain information). In this case we will have informed you when we collected that information that it may be shared internally and combined with information collected on our site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Reference to “consent”, “your consent” or “your explicit consent” shall include the clicking of “application”, ‘‘contact us’’ or “submit” button or “I agree” buttons on our website.
- You can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but the functions that allow you to access an existing account or page that requires a username or password, will not be available. Alternatively, you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it from accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses;
- Please remember, cookies do not contain personal information
USES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We use your Personal Information in the ordinary course of our business to provide you with our services, to administrate and improve our sites, to analyse the use of our sites, and to keep you informed about other services and/or products that we believe may be of interest to you.
- If you do not want us to use your personal information in this way then refrain from submitting your personal information to us, or where you have already submitted personal information to us you can either request us in writing on [email protected] not to use your personal information or unsubscribe electronically.
- Submission of Personal Information on behalf of another: Kindly take note that if you provide information on behalf of someone else, then it is your responsibility to obtain the necessary consent from such person before making the information available to us. On receipt of personal information, we assume that the necessary consent has been obtained and will process the Personal Information as per your instructions. You indemnify us against any third party claim where a third party claims that personal information has been processed without the necessary consent or other available exception under the Act (see Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 for more information).
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may share your personal information with our personnel and sub-contractors, such as counsel or our other colleagues, to effectively perform our services as utilised or requested by you. We may further disclose and transfer your personal information to selected service providers in order to provide you with our services including marketing material.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION / SECURITY
- Occasionally the personal information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the Republic of South Africa (“RSA”) for more effective provision of our services; by submitting your personal information, you agree to this.
- Whilst we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information stored at us, we take all reasonable measures to keep it safe. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measurements to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or to any other location by electronic means; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measurements to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Records of personal information will not be retained for longer than is necessary for operational or archiving purposes for which the information was collected unless retention of record is required or authorised by law. Records of personal information may be retained for periods in excess of those contemplated for historical, statistical, or research purposes, subject to us establishing appropriate safeguards against the records being used for any other purpose and or we have de-identified the record(s).
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
- Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that we, our director, or employees participate in are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively. You are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage with them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal information. We will never ask for personal information through social media platforms and encourage users, wishing to discuss sensitive details or to resolve issues/concerns, to contact us through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
- Our social networks page(s) may share web links to relevant web pages. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URLs. You are advised to take caution and good judgment before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by this website. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
INTERCEPTION AND MONITORING OF COMMUNICATIONS
- To enable us to provide appropriate security and check for viruses we reserve the right to intercept, monitor, copy or block communications to and from our communication facilities (including but not limited to our site, portal, email, SMSes, etc.) in accordance with the relevant provisions of the law.
Marketing: You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your personal information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or unsubscribe from our emails. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]ia.com or use the unsubscribe functionality on our email communications.
Third-party websites/social media sites: Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to information: You have a right to see/access your personal information that we keep about you. You may ask us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you upon receipt of a written request to [email protected] (see Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 for more information).