Basecamp for Clients
Basecamp for Clients
Basecamp is a real-time communication tool that helps teams and clients stay on the same page. With to-do-lists, calendaring, due dates and file-sharing, Basecamp provides a way for us and our clients to keep track of priorities and actionable items while building your website. It also serves as a cloud-based platform where images, branding files and other important documentation can be added (instead of sending it back and forth via email).
This is just another way that we are making the website design process as hassle-free as possible for our clients. Here is what you will need to do:
Create an account on Basecamp
Step 1: Click on the green join button in the email we sent to you.
Step 2: Create your logins (username and password).
Do not opt to log in with your Google account. You need to create a new account first, before you can log in.
Tip: It is better to use an email address that you check regularly, since you will be receiving email updates in the assigned inbox.
- To-do’s are where assignments and due dates are specified.
- You will be notified via the email you registered your account with if any new to-do’s are assigned to you (for example, to send us your branding, or to add a file via Basecamp)
2. Docs & Files
- Docs & files are where you should upload files you want us to use on the website, such as logos, images, pdf’s, etc. (this works on the same principle as Dropbox).
- There is also a Website Briefing + Copy Google doc where you can add the copy you want us to use on the different website pages (unless you have contracted us to write the copy, of course).
- If you’re not familiar with a Google doc, it is basically a Word document in a browser where more than one person can collaborate on it (so you don’t have to send it to us, we have access) and it autosaves (you can also read more about that here if you are still uncertain).
3. Message Board and Email Forwards
- The Message Board is where you can post messages to our team, ask questions, etc. It is like email, but the benefit here is that everything is kept in one place (which in turn means that important emails and requests won’t get lost in the process).
- You are of course still welcome to email us directly if that’s your preferred method of communication since we can simply forward any important emails with the Email Forwards tool.